Holly, Six and I did an adventure trip from Dec 18-28th with KE Adventure Travel. Here was the intinerary:
18 Dec 11 – Arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Rendezvous at group hotel in San Jose. A single timed airport transfer is provided. KE land only package services begin with an overnight stay at the group hotel.
- 19 Dec 11 In the morning we visit Poas Volcan National Park where we take the ‘Terrace’ walk above cloud forest. This afternoon we visit Inbio Park and walk one of the nature trails. Hotel.
- 20 Dec 11 Drive (3 hours) to La Fortuna near the highly active Arenal Volcano. This afternoon we have a short walk to a viewpoint for the volcano then visit the hot springs. Hotel in La Fortuna.
- 21 Dec 11 We have a horseback tour to La Fortuna Waterfall with views over the San Carlos Valley. Return to La Fortuna. Hotel.
- 22 Dec 11 Transfer to Monteverde where we climb up into the canopy for the ‘Sky Walk’ on hanging bridges. Late afternoon walk in the cloud forest. Tonight we stay in a hotel in Monteverde.
- 23 Dec 11 Visit the Selvatura Park to see the butterfly garden, reptile and amphibian centre. Take the ‘Sky Trek’, moving through the forest canopy on zip lines. Hotel Monteverde.
- 24 Dec 11 Morning drive to Manuel Antonio, a beautiful beach surrounded by green hills. The rest of the day is free with the chance to take part in several optional activities. Hotel.
- 25 Dec 11 We have a full day of rafting on the Savegre River which starts with an exciting 4WD journey into the back country. After approximately 4 hours on the river we return to Manuel Antonio. Hotel.
- 26 Dec 11 A free morning at Manuel Antonio for relaxation on the beach. Jungle ropes and rappelling adventure in the afternoon. Hotel.
- 27 Dec 11 The morning is free to further enjoy the beach. In the afternoon we board our transport for the 2 hour drive back to San Jose where we check into the hotel.
- 28 Dec 11 KE land only package services end after breakfast. A single timed group transfer to the airport is provided.
Back to Travel.